7 Things Google Chrome Needs - Now That It’s Out of Beta

0

Written on 21:34 by Nemesis

Fantastic artcle I found on digg. I agree with all of the points made....


I want to start out by saying, I LOVE Google Chrome.  Recently I went away from Flock and made Chrome my primary browswer.  Going out and saying it’s the “best browser I’ve ever used” would be a bit much, but it’s definitely in the top teir.  This article isn’t about 

how great Chrome is, though.  

A little while ago, Google announced the removal of the “Beta” tag from their brand new browser.  Now, I have heard speculation that this is due to the fact that computer manufacturers won’t bundle software with “Beta” hanging around its neck.  Normally Google applications stay in Beta for a very long time (see: Gmail), but after only a few months, Chrome is out in the wild with no reservations.  

While this may be more of a marketing stunt than anything else, a “Gold” version of Chrome (that’s ironic!) must now assume the same responsibilities of the other browsers that have taken off their training wheels.  Note that in this list I’m excluding most (but not all) of the things Google has explicitly promised to fix.  These are in NO particular order.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment