The Digg Community Has Spoken.

0

Written on 07:40 by Nemesis

It seems the people of Digg want change.


danielrh9 makes is point in this article. 
Just as an exemplary anecdote, I've been a user on here for nearly three years now. I read digg on a casual basis further back than that prior to signing up. In the first two years after I joined, I submitted stuff fairly regularly. Maybe once or twice a week or so. In those two years, I think maybe three to four submissions made it to the front page. 

Back around February or March of this year, I submitted something I thought was pretty cool that had a decent chance of making the front page. I did it on break at work and checked digg when I got home to see how it did. The story made it to the front page allright, but it was a submission made after mine from MrBabyMan that used the same exact story with a slightly different URL. 

I realized there was no point. 

If a long time user has stopped submiting articles then where is the motivation for new people to add stuff to digg? Speaking as a new user, I can confirm that with few friends on digg you will find your submissions get very few diggs. It seems that with few friends you get little exposure.

Well, people have had enough, the evidence being quite clear

Kevin Rose admits that Digg has flaws but urges us to keep Digging stuff while the team releases fixes and new features.  Lets hope they sort the balance out otherwise, I dare say, people might start leaving Digg.


If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment